Hypnobirthing and mindfulness are about removing the fear of the unknown as well as being present in the moment so you can navigate any situation.
This is important for caesarean section births too, because your body is expecting to give birth naturally and it’s beneficial to support the natural hormones your body needs when giving birth. The key hormone here being oxytocin, which is important in bonding, breastfeeding and recovery.
That’s why we’re proud to offer a specially dedicated abdominal birth course.
What you will learn:
- What happens during a planned abdominal birth
- Specific breathing technique to help you to relax during pregnancy and the birth (and beyond!)
- Visualisation techniques to help you to relax throughout the process
- Controlling the controllables- what is in your control and when you need to trust the process
- A very gentle and highly effective massage technique which will stimulate the production of the body’s natural pain relieving hormones- still very important for planned abdominal births
- What happens in spontaneous labour – just in case!
- How to write your birth preferences & share them with your medical care providers
- Your birth partners important role and how they can support you throughout the birth
- Recovering from an abdominal birth – practical and emotional things to prepare and think about
- 8 hours interactive teaching
- Comprehensive abdominal birth course workbook
- Fully editable birth preferences template
- Relaxation tracks for pregnancy and birth (MP3s)
- Goodie bag including positive birth affirmation cards
- Ongoing and full support right up to the birth of your baby and for the first 2 weeks after birth
- KOMU Beyond Birth Online Course (RRP £30)
- Exclusive discounts to trusted mum and baby brands
- Optional Whatsapp group with the other parents in your group
- Optional social meet up after the course has finished
The price above is for mum/birthing person and one birth partner, who are encouraged to attend! Should you have an additional birth partner who you would like to attend the course please contact Rachel to discuss further.
At the moment Abdominal Birth courses are offered on a private 1:1 basis only (6 hour private course) . However it is anticipated that we’ll be hosting group courses in the near future. Should you be interested in being part of a group course, please do get in touch to hear about our group abdominal birth courses. These will also be held close to Morden, Surrey.