Frequently Asked Questions
- When’s a good time to do the Taster Session?
Anytime! It really is never too early to start learning about Hypnobirthing and preparing for the birth of your baby.
- When’s a good time to do the full course?
A good time to start the course is anytime between 20 and 30 weeks, but you can do the course at any time right up to your due time, it really is never too late! Hypnobirthing and mindfulness become more powerful with regular practice, so starting sooner rather than later is beneficial.
- I’m planning a natural birth but have been advised I may have to have a Caesarean Section, which course should I do?
We recommend the physiological course, as this will provide you with all that you need to prepare for a physiological birth but also includes what happens during an abdominal birth (caesarean section) so you will learn about both types of birth.
- Could I do a private course with a pregnant friend?
Yes, absolutely! Should you have a pregnant friend/relative who also wants to do the course I can come to one of your homes (or do the course online via Zoom) and run a private course at a discount.
- What if I pay for a course and my baby arrives before the course has started/finished?
If your baby is born prior to starting the course you will receive a full refund.
- Can my partner or someone else attend with me?
Most definitely, partners are encouraged to attend! The cost of the course is for a pregnant mum/person and one birth partner, whoever that may be for you. If you have a second birth partner (relative, friend or doula) then please get in touch so we can discuss accommodating your birth team.
- Can I attend a course on my own?
Yes, we welcome all pregnant mums and birthing people.
- Do you offer a short or condensed course?
Yes. There is the Hypnobirthing Essentials Short Course. This is for those who perhaps did a hypnobirthing course for a previous birth and want a refresher, are much later on in their pregnancy and short on time, or perhaps have done another antenatal course but feel something is missing.
- I want to do a group course but I can’t make the dates?
Please do get in touch and if there is enough interest additional group course dates/venues may be possible.
- I’m not sure Hypnobirthing is for me but I would like to know more.
We run Free monthly Hypnobirthing Tasters Sessions which last around 45 minutes and are a great introduction to Hypnobirthing and what you’ll learn in the course.
- I want an epidural, can I still use Hypnobirthing?
Most definitely. Hypnobirthing really is for all birth preferences and situations. Hypnobirthing is about understanding your body and learning how different choices, including pain relief, have pros and considerations so you can use or avoid them in the best way possible for you.
- Do you provide Doula services?
Formally, not yet no. However, Rachel is doing her Doula Training in November and will be offering Postnatal (and possible Birth) Doula services from January 2022. Please do get in touch if you are interested in hiring Rachel as a Doula.
- Do I need to do another Antenatal course as well?
No you don’t need to if you didn’t want to, the course provides everything you need to know about preparing for birth. However, some parents either choose to enhance a standard antenatal course with a hypnobirthing course and find the cross-overs areas a really great recap, and some parents find hypnobirthing later on in their pregnancy and so end up doing two courses – again finding they complement each other.
- I was hoping to do a Hypnobirthing course but I can’t afford the classes.
Please do get in touch as we don’t believe that your birth preparation should be restricted by money. We can offer payments plan, services swap, or pay-what-you-can options should this mean you are then able to do the course.
- Can we meet you before committing to the course?
This may be possible yes, and would depend on how close you are to SM4 6RB, or happy to meet over Zoom. There is also the Free monthly Hypnobirthing Tasters Sessions which last around 45 minutes and are a great chance to meet Rachel and get a feel for if she’s the right fit for you.